Monday, June 05, 2006

Just some random things

I don't really have much to write about, but I thought I had better attempt something otherwise I am going to lose what few readers I have.

So here's a bit of what's going on lately...

Things I can no longer do:
-I can't roll over in bed without strategically planning the next best move for me to make this as painless as possible. Due to the fact that I know have to think about moving, I am constantly waking up throughout the night.
-Same goes for getting out of bed or up off the couch.

Number of pre-pregnancy pants I can wear:
-2. One pair of jeans and one pair of capris. That are denim of course. Let's hope I don't get invited anywhere fancy. I do have maternity clothes, I am just not a fan of the way they sit on my body. I have a theory that the kind folks who design maternity wear think only really skinny people have sex and hence only skinny people get knocked up. Even when they make clothes over a size 10, they design them with a stick in mind, a slightly bigger stick, perhaps a board like stick. What I am trying to say is that they are designed for people who are straight up and down, with only an expanding tummy. What about expanding thighs? I have a pair of maternity jeans that are too loose in the tummy and the calves, but stick to my thighs like a second skin. Granted, even pre-pregnancy my thighs were huge. Bloody hell, they were huge when I was 10 and the skinniest kid in the class. So maybe it is not entirely the fault of maternity wear designers. Sigh. Oh well, it was nice to have someone else to blame, if even for a moment.

Stupid things that freak me out:
-I have a fear that in the next few weeks I am going to lose my belly button and it is going to become an outtie. Yikes. This has never happened to me before and i don't want it to happen now.
-I also worry that I'll get that brown line. Never had it, never want it, even though I know it goes away. Funny that the stretch marks that are now winding their way up past my belly button don't bother me as much as that. And I'll have those bastards forever.
-I worry that I will actually go into labour on my own and not have shaved my legs since my last doctor's appointment. I think I said in the other blog, or maybe in the comments here, that this is the one baby I do not want coming early due to the fact that we are moving August 1.

Things that are happening now:
-I get sciatica everytime I sit down after I have been doing something that requires effort on the part of my legs. You know, walking, cleaning, the usual.
-After an extremely active day yesterday the baby did not move at all today until 4.30. I was starting to feel just slightly more than paranoid.
-Tonight William said it looks as though the baby has dropped. But no, it is way too early for that. I know they say it doesn't happen after the first baby, but all of mine did to some extent. Not that it mattered, because all of them needed to be prodded into the world. Still, a little freaky. I was saying that I have had intense pressure in my cervix, not just the odd kick or whatever, but constant, which is when William made that comment. Thinking about it, I ran up the stairs and then right back down when the phone started ringing, and I didn't even lose my breath. This is a big thing, as normally just going up the stairs poops me out. So who knows. I'm assuming she's just changed positions and not actually dropped, but I'll find out at the next appointment.

And that's it. Not much really. Sometimes you'd think I'd never done this pregnancy thing before, wouldn't ya?

4 comments:

Paige said...

I will always read your blog, even if you don't update.....I am a loyal fan.

Sorry to hear that your are feeling achy and crappy and I sympathize with the whole moving thing. We are closing on our house July 1st and it is just me and my husband, I will be thinking of you sister when you move, pregnant with 3 other children and your husband!

Boliath said...

Me too - loyal fan that is, not the achey breaky preggers problems, poor you!

Sounds like the babe has moved, I did not say dropped, moved I said, great for you, breathing eating all easier, yahoo.

I hear you on the maternity clothes, I never got why they thought all of a sudden you wanted to dress pretty and show your ginormous tits off, I never did that before why the fuck would I want to do it now? I ended up in t-shirts from Old Navy and trackie bottoms, looked like hell but man was I comfy.

Devynn said...

I waxed my legs the week I was due. Best thing I ever did! Not that shaving my legs was an option; I couldn't reach them LOL. I love reading your blog -- I will always read

Emma in Canada said...

Aw thanks you guys. I swear I wasn't looking for people to say they enjoyed the blog, but it's lovely to hear it nonetheless.