Friday, September 08, 2006

Slowly, slowly, I am losing my mind

I have a feeling that gripe water is about to become my new best friend. I think that Sophie may have developed a wee bit of colic. Either that, or she has just decided to become the most miserable child on the face of the earth. Yesterday was the day from hell. I got nothing done. Everytime I put her down she cried. She fed all day long and for the most part I would say it was just comfort sucking. I was ready to put her back. Rip me open and leave her in there until this phase passes. I do not remember Saoirse being like this. Perhaps she was though and I just never noticed because a) she was always supplemented and b) William was there all the time.

And for some reason he is expecting the house to be lovely and clean and dinner always ready when he walks in the door. Um, ain't gonna happen. Last night when she was screaming in his arms I said this is what she did all day today so when you wonder why the house isn't clean now you know.

I wonder what how clean the house would be if he was at home with a 4 week old and a 22 month old even for one day? Not very I imagine.

It appears the vibrating chair only soothed her for a few minutes and now she is fussing again. It will be full fledged screaming in a minute so I am off.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Oh, how miserable. My first two kids are 19 months apart, and while my oldest was a perfect baby, the second was a colicky, nonstop screamer right from the start. It'll be over soon!