Sunday, September 10, 2006

One Month

Dear Sophie,
A month ago you came into our lives and I am so very happy to have you. How quickly one forgets what life like was like before a baby's arrival. I had forgotten what it was like to hold my pee in for 8 or so hours until someone else arrives that you will sit with for 45 seconds. Showers are a luxury and brushing my teeth before your morning nap (if you have one that is) is unheard of. If I want to go on the computer you are either in my arms or having a 10 minute cat nap. As soon as you realize you aren't in my arms you wake up. And honestly, Sophie, I wouldn't change one minute of the last month that I have had with you.


Your sisters and brother love you. Liam is even happy to have his picture taken with you. Watching Saoirse when she is around you makes us all laugh, she loves to give you hugs and kisses and is forever rubbing her hand on your head and face. She has though, discovered that she can kick you in the head during storytime, which would be whenever you are eating. We have to be careful there. My favourite time of the day is around 1.00 when you fall asleep while eating and Saoirse falls asleep next to us. We stay like that for awhile because not only do I love that quiet time with the two of you but there's always a chance you might actually sleep for an hour or so. I can then do a bit of cleaning or, more likely, watch Days of Our Lives.



You are starting to develop quite the personality. You let me know when you feel no one is paying attention to you and even when we pay too much attention. You smile whenever Daddy talks to you and mimic his facial expressions. You have just starting making a noise that sounds an awful lot like a laugh. Because you don't really like to be` out of someone's arms your Auntie Shelley bought us a sling, which you love. I love it too, becuase you are not a great fan of the pram either. In fact, you are quite fussy. But again, I wouldn't change a thing about you. Except for maybe that baby acne.


Dr. M was right when during the section she said "This one's really cute, Emma. Are you sure you want your tubes tied?"

Love you,
Mummy

4 comments:

Emmakirst said...

Awww she's gorgeous and so tiny! Your kids are beautiful and look like you too! :)

Susan in va said...

Okay, I've just read this post after the "Let's call a Spade a Spade" post and....daggone it she's so stinkin' cute that she made me completely forget why I didn't want to do this again. It's worth EVERY SINGLE BIT OF MISERY isn't it? You have a beautiful family :)

Anonymous said...

Too sweet! Her legs are so skinny in that last picture! That's how mine was and now of course he's a big chubster with meaty thighs. Too cute! Enjoy her before she learns to say 'no.'

Stacey said...

Oh, she's so sweet!!!